Monday, March 21, 2011

Review of Twilight by Stephanie Meyer


                                             Overview 
Isabella Swan's move to Forks, a small, perpetually rainy town in Washington, could have been the most boring move she ever made. But once she meets the mysterious and alluring Edward Cullen, Bella's life takes a thrilling and terrifying turn. Up until now, Edward has managed to keep his vampire identity a secret in the small community he lives in, but now nobody is safe, especially Bella, the person Edward holds most dear. The lovers find themselves balanced precariously on the point of a knife—between desire and danger. Deeply romantic and extraordinarily suspenseful, Twilight captures the struggle between defying our instincts and satisfying our desires. This is a love story with bite.

                                            About Twilight
 I will start out with my experience with Twilight. My first contact with it. I was a 7th grader and one of my friends who was named Viviana reading it at the time kept telling me how this book she was reading was the best. She told me about it and said it was about this guy named Edward Cullen. I, of course, forgot about since at the time I didn't read much and the year was 2007 so Twilight wasn't so popular to catch my attention. Later in 2009, I was looking for a book to read in my Literature class and happened to stumble upon Twilight. Our school graciously stocked and I chose it out of feeling that the book had such a good rating from one of my friends. So I read it and was hooked. At first it starts out insignificant but then you are hurled into the mind of Bella Swan and you see that she is in love with this vampire guy and how dangerous love can be for her. For most it is hard not to fall in love with Twilight. You are taken into this intricate story where there are high stakes and lots of action in the story. By the end you are hooked and some readers have commented- addicted. The next three weeks I concentrated my energy into reading the other books in the series and then I happily said I had read them all. This also started me on the road of reading tons of ficton books in this same genre. I have so far read Melissa De La Cruz, Melissa Marr, Libba Bray, P.C. & Kristin Cast, Kelley Armstrong, Heather Brewer, Lili St. Crow, Richelle Mead, Charlaine Harris, and many other more authors.  If you are into this genre of reading then go for it. It's a start.
                                                 Overall: Amazing read!                                  
                                               Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy 
                     
                                                   My Star Review 
                                             


BUY
Paperback: 498 pgs.
Published: October 5th 2005 by Little, Brown and Company 

                                               
                                                        For This Review:*Self-provided Copy*

Blog Archive

Blog Followers

Disclaimer

Blog Graphics: Pictures aren't owned by me that are found on this blog. Most of them can be found via Google/Bing! images or from author press releases and are in no way used for profit. Credit goes to them entirely.

Reviews: Are not given either positively/negatively based on compensation. Reviews are entirely out of speculative opinion. Put out for readers to ultimately make their decision on a book, movie, and or product. They are honest reviews based on opinion. And ultimately I would never falsify information or exaggerate, given I do not see a benefit in doing so.

Affiliate: The blog is monetized through Amazon's Affiliate Associates Program, The Book Depository's Affiliate Program, YesStyle's Affiliate Program, GoHastings Affiliate Program, and a few other programs best seen through the blog's ads. Every little purchase you make, makes, a huge difference to me as a blogger. Buying through the blog's links gives me a small percentage of commissions. I try exceptionally hard to make the links/ads as unintrusive as possible when viewed on the blog. If they are intrusive, I, do so apologize but still hope you can enjoy the actual written reviews.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...