Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Review of Breath of Angel (The Angeleon Circle #1) by Karyn Henley



                                                     Overview 
The stranger’s cloak had fallen back, and with it, a long, white, blood-stained wing.
When Melaia, a young priestess, witnesses the gruesome murder of a stranger in the temple courtyard, age-old legends recited in song suddenly come to life. She discovers wings on the stranger, and the murderer takes the shape of both a hawk and a man.

Angels. Shape-shifters. Myths and stories—until now.

                                           
                                      About Breath of Angel (The Angeleon Circle #1)
Book 1 in the 'Angeleon Circle' by Karyn Henley is a well-versed story of one girl, Melaia, who feels her life is perfectly planned out in priestly duties but finds her life to be later complicated. Melaia  discovers a world that is both dangerous and intriguing. She is caught up in a bloody feud between two immortal brothers and angels. The land is caught in this feud and causes death for the world and nature.I'd label it an average attempt at a period fantasy. There are some good moments. The characters make for a pretty story. My final mark for this first novel is 3 out of 5. It's not bad, it's just ok.

                                              Overall: Not too good, not too bad read       
                                                Genre:Young Adult, Fantasy 



  Paperback: 277 pgs.
  Published:  June 21st 2011 by WaterBrook Press


                                                              My Star Review 3 of 5 stars
                                                              Buy Options 


            For This Review:* WaterBrook Multnomah Early ARC Reviewer: Cassandra Hernandez*

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the awesome review. I love reading books, I'm sure this book is gonna be my next collection. I am looking forward to read this one. I just also want to share this review, I'm pretty sure this would be interesting too about Aluma Wallet. Thanks.

Jessie said...

I can't say I've ever heard of this book or author, but I'm a sucker for a YA shifter/Angel story. The cover isn't too horrible either. Is the book like any others, or remind you of any authors?

Cassandra @ Book & Movie Dimension a Blog said...

Doesn't remind me of other authors. Unlike what I read, unique is all I can say.

Patricia said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Blog Archive

Blog Followers

Disclaimer

Blog Graphics: Pictures aren't owned by me that are found on this blog. Most of them can be found via Google/Bing! images or from author press releases and are in no way used for profit. Credit goes to them entirely.

Reviews: Are not given either positively/negatively based on compensation. Reviews are entirely out of speculative opinion. Put out for readers to ultimately make their decision on a book, movie, and or product. They are honest reviews based on opinion. And ultimately I would never falsify information or exaggerate, given I do not see a benefit in doing so.

Affiliate: The blog is monetized through Amazon's Affiliate Associates Program, The Book Depository's Affiliate Program, YesStyle's Affiliate Program, GoHastings Affiliate Program, and a few other programs best seen through the blog's ads. Every little purchase you make, makes, a huge difference to me as a blogger. Buying through the blog's links gives me a small percentage of commissions. I try exceptionally hard to make the links/ads as unintrusive as possible when viewed on the blog. If they are intrusive, I, do so apologize but still hope you can enjoy the actual written reviews.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...